SHOP INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
Soybean Paste Soup
Soybean Paste Soup (Doenjang Jjigae, 된장찌개)
Doenjang Jjigae is referred as soybean paste stew. It is a Korean traditional stew made from the primary ingredient of Doenjang (fermented soybean paste) and additional optional ingredients of vegetables, seafood and meat topped with tofu.
- 1 Medium potato, peeled (cut into ½-inch cubes)
- 1 Medium onion (cut into ½-inch pieces),
- 1 Courgette (cut into ½-inch pieces)
- 4 Minced garlic cloves
- 2½ Cups Water
- 5 tsp Fermented soybean paste (doenjang)
- 1 Medium-firm tofu (cut into ½-inchcubes)
- 2 Spring onions (roughly ) chopped
- Combine the potato, onion, courgette, garlic in a saucepan. Add water and cover. Broth can be made by adding 1-2 dried kelp. You could simply adding our soup stock concentrate (this product has anchovy inside)
- Cook over medium-high heat for 10-15minutes until it starts boiling.
- Stir in the soybean paste, mixing well. Cover and cook for 20 minutes longer over medium heat.
- Add the tofu and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the spring onions and serve as a side dish to rice. Serve it directly from the pot, or transfer to a serving bowl. Everybody can eat together out of the pot, or portions can be ladled out in individual bowls for each person.