SHOP INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
(V) Kimchi Fried Rice
(V) Kimchi Fried Rice (Kimchi Bokum Bap, 김치볶음밥)
Kimchi fried rice, 'kimchi-bokum-bap' in Korean is a simple and easy dish you can make in minutes.Kimchi fried rice is made primarily with kimchi and rice along with other available ingredients, such as diced vegetables or pork whatever you’ve got in the fridge.
- 2 tsp Vegetable oil 300g of fully fermented sliced Chinese cabbage Kimchi
- 400 g Cooked Rice
- 1½ tsp Sugar
- 1/3 Chopped Onions
- For Garnish: Spring onion (Optional), Sesame oil (Optional), Fried egg(Optional)
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker or following package directions, using a little less water than called for. The rice for fried rice should be a little drier than usual for best results.
- Heat oil in a wok or a large frying pan over medium-high heat with 2 tsp of oil
- Add 1/3 chopped onion and 330g of fully fermented Kimchi with 1½ tsp of sugar and stir fry for 5 minute. (You can always stir-fry any meat if prefer)
- Add rice and using a spatula stir all the ingredients together for about 5 minutes (Separate rice grains as much as possible)
- Serve with fried egg, chopped spring onion and sesame seed on the top of the kimchi fried rice (optional)