(V) Korean-Style braised boiled egg in Soy Sauce
(V) Korean-Style braised boiled egg in Soy Sauce (Gyeran Jangjorim, 계란 장조림)
Delicious boiled eggs braised in soy sauce for a quick Korean side-dish that can be enjoyed for a quick weekday dinner or simple lunchbox.
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 150 ml Water
- Pinch Pepper Powder
- 5 tbsp Soy sauce
- 10 g Sugar
- Add eggs to a medium saucepan and cover by 1 inch with cool or room temperature water. Add 1table spoon of table salt to the saucepan. Then bring to a rapid boil over high heat. Once boiling, boil for 15 minute.
- Drain water from the eggs, then rinse the eggs with cool water. Once cool to the touch, crack at one of the ends and try to get under the membrane beneath the shell. Be patient and work your way around, peeling under running cool water.
- Put boiled eggs, sugar, pepper powder and add water and soy sauce in a saucepan then start boiling.
- Once boiling begins, make the heat medium and stir eggs until the sauce is reduced.
- Serving Suggestion: It perfectly goes well with plain steamed rice or salad. But you can have it on noodle as well.
Serving Suggestion: It goes perfectly well with plain steamed rice or salad. But you can have it on noodle as well.